Our newly devised, ever evolving curriculum holds core learning and life skills at the heart of its development and will ensure that it meets the needs of all pupils.
The key messages of Smith’s Wood Primary Academy curriculum are:
- Provide broad and balanced learning experiences for all pupils
- Embed essential Literacy and Numeracy skills, providing a focus on core subjects
- Secure ICT skills as an integral part of all areas of learning
- Meet the needs of all pupils, promoting a thirst for learning and excellent levels of progress.
- Ensure positive well-being for all pupils, alongside excellent academic achievement
- Provide a variety of sporting opportunities for all pupils
- Offer a variety of music opportunities for all pupils
Smith’s Wood Primary Academy curriculum is filled with memorable experiences, opportunities for high quality learning, it’s a curriculum tailored to suit the needs of all learners, delivered within stimulating and exciting learning environments, ensuring high level of challenge and excellent outcomes.
Our curriculum aims for our pupils to be successful lifelong learners, who are motivated to achieve, who become confident and resilient individuals, who have the skills and abilities to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives and pupils who make a positive contribution to the community and society.
Is your child a Smith’s Wood child?
We aim to ensure that all of our pupils are:
- Self believers
- Making better than expected Progress
- Excellent communicators
Additional information about our curriculum can be obtained by contacting your child's class teacher.