Read Write Inc. Phonics
A comprehensive literacy programme for children between the ages of 4 and 9 learning to read. Read Write Inc. Phonics weaves word reading, comprehension, writing and spelling together seamlessly.
Read Write Inc. Phonics works because we:
- Make learning to read focused and fun; we put as much joy into teaching the sound ‘r’ as we do into reading a story by Roald Dahl
- Use picture mnemonics to teach all children to read and write 30 sounds in two months
- Give children storybooks matched to the sounds they know so they develop accuracy, speed and confidence
- Use a unique ‘three reads’ approach to ensure that children love the story and can read it proudly with comprehension, fluency and expression at home
- Provide the tools for your children to become confident writers: by the end of Year 1 children can write at length using exciting vocabulary and good spelling
- Pick up struggling readers and writers straight away with one-to-one tutoring
Please see above a recording of the online zoom phonics workshop. This will give you a brief overview of how we teach phonics in Reception through to Year 2 and how you can support your child at home using the new virtual online classroom videos. Also included is a Q&A sheet that covers some commonly asked questions and questions that were asked during the workshop.