There can be occasions when severe weather can cause disruption to travel, most commonly occurring to snowfall. Our policy, in these circumstances, is as follows:
Always assume the school is open. If a decision to close (due to severe weather) is made, the following will apply:
- We will update our website as soon as a decision is made
- A text message will be sent to parents/carers (priority 1 contact only)
- We will always try to keep the school open
To ensure that our telephone system does not become clogged with traffic, could we please ask that:
- You visit the school website as this can be updated very quickly and will display the most up to date news
- Ensure that we have your current mobile number so that a text message can be sent to you
If the weather changes during the school day, and it becomes necessary to close the school, we will contact parents via text message and update the school website.
In the event of adverse weather conditions that have caused snow/ice/frost, please only use pathways and walkways to navigate the school site as these are the areas that will be cleared and gritted.