Purpose of the Curriculum
(What will a high quality ART education do for our children?)
- To produce high quality art that engages, inspires and challenges pupils.
- To enable the pupils to become experimental, inventive and creative.
- To think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of art.
- To be aware and know how art and design has shaped our history, cultures, creativity and our nation.
Aim of the Curriculum
(What does the Art curriculum aim to ensure all pupils know or can do?)
- To produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences in sketch books.
- To become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art.
- To evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- To know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms