Purpose of the Curriculum
(What will a high quality PE education do for our children?)
- Inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport
- Provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness.
- Opportunities to build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
Aim of the Curriculum
(What does the PE curriculum aim to ensure all pupils know or can do?)
- Develop abilities to excel in a broad range of physical activities.
- Ensure pupils are able to be physically active for sustained periods of time
- Allow all children to participate in competitive sport.
- Guarantee all pupils have the opportunity to lead healthy, active lives.