Purpose of the Curriculum
(What will a high quality R.E education do for our children?)
- Generate a natural curiosity for the meaning and purpose of life.
- Equip pupils with knowledge of god whilst creating understanding of world religions and harbour a degree of respect and tolerance towards all religions, beliefs and traditions.
- To offer opportunities for personal reflection and spiritual development not only with R.E but in all areas of life.
- To understand right and wrong.
- To enhance pupils’ awareness of different religious teaching, practices and forms of expression.
Aim of the Curriculum
(What does the R.E curriculum aim to ensure all pupils know or can do?)
- Appreciate the distinctive nature of religion within human experience (regular visits to places of worship each year) and develop a personal sense of meaning in life.
- Appreciate the way in which religious beliefs shape life and how these beliefs contribute to personal morality and social responsibility.
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of the other principal religions found in the United Kingdom and their associated ways of living.
- Have respect for all people and their right to hold, or not to hold, religious beliefs.
- To understand and apply 5 main objectives: concepts, knowledge, attitudes, skills and human experience.